In this course you learn to give your clients an athletic “game like” training protocol. Traditional and non-traditional approaches will be presented for user-friendly methods that will demonstrate the power of resistance training.
Learn the principles and techniques of weight lifting, and the development of muscular strength, endurance and power at an advanced level. Introduces Olympic lifting techniques. Continues development of individual weight training programs and advanced evaluation techniques.
Addendum to Course Description
Classes will be conducted in a small or big groups situation for lectures, warm up, cool down, and core training. Students are responsible for creating individualized programs to meet their specific abilities and goals. Each student will progress at a rate commensurate with their abilities. Pre and post assessment will be conducted for flexibility, body composition, muscular strength, and muscular endurance.
What you learn from the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Improve physical conditioning specifically related to muscular strength and endurance through weight training at an advanced level.
- Design a muscular strength and endurance plan.
- Apply advanced weight training principles and techniques to exercise routines.
- Evaluate one’s fitness levels relating to muscular strength, endurance, and power.
- Demonstrate proper Olympic weight lifting techniques
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Records and portfolios
- Written Exams
- Personal programs
- Pre and Post testing
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Warm-up, stretching, cool down
- Adaptations to weight training
- Proper use and care of equipment
- Major and minor muscle groups and their functions
- Program design
- Safe and effective warm up and cool down techniques
- Continued commitment to strength training
- Assessment techniques
- Machine and free weight training
- General Health & Resistance Exercise
- Muscle Cell, Structure & Function
- Training Methodologies
- The Metabolic Continuum
- Weight Training for Fat Loss