- Refund Policies Student’s Right to Cancel†
† All cancelation terms and conditions will be applied to all courses including certification or qualification and excluding the sale and promotional pricing!
Refunds, if applicable and requested, will be made within 30 days of request via the original payment method.
Students have the right to cancel their agreement for a program of instruction, without any penalty or obligations, through attendance at the first class session or the seventh calendar day after enrollment, whichever is later. After the end of the cancellation period, students also have the right to stop school at any time; and they have the right to receive a pro rata refund if they have completed 60 percent or less of the scheduled days in the current payment period in their program through the last day of attendance. After the end of the cancellation period, the institution may retain any non-refundable fees as applicable (e.g. STRF).
Undergraduate courses (courses with published start and end dates):
1. The course start date is considered the first class.
2. Cancellation up through 60% of the duration of the term will result in a prorated refund. Rate is computed by dividing the number of term days through the date of cancellation by the total days in the term.
3. Cancellation after 60% of the duration of the term will result in no refund for the term.
4. Students who withdraw as a result of physical incapacity are entitled to a prorated refund through the end of the term. Medical documentation required.
Self-paced certificate courses:
1. The first completed quiz is considered the first class.
2. Cancellation before 60% completion of course quizzes will result in a prorated refund computed on the number of quizzes completed to the total quizzes in the course.
3. Cancellation after completing 60% of the course quizzes will result in no refund.
4. Students who withdraw as a result of physical incapacity are entitled to a prorated refund through the end of the enrollment period. Medical documentation required.
5. Beyond the conclusion of the original 4-month enrollment period, students enrolled in self-paced certificate courses are no longer eligible for refunds in any amount.
Iowa students are entitled to a 100% refund of tuition through the first day of class.
Students who have received federal student aid funds and cancel up through the 60% point are entitled to a refund of moneys not paid from federal student aid program funds, if applicable.
Loan recipients are still responsible for repaying the balance of a received loan.
If a student obtains a loan, the student must repay the full amount of the loan plus interest. If the student is entitled to receive a refund and intends to apply the refund to payment of the disbursed loan, it is the student’s responsibility to do so.
Fitness Academy Europe accepts cancellation in any manner. However, Naxxar state statutes require that students verify cancellation in writing. Therefore, please supplement any verbal requests with written notice within 30 days. Written notice can be in any form including email ([email protected] ), whatsapp(0035679319555 ) or mail (Hilltop Gardens, Triq l-Inkwina, Naxxar, NXR2641, Malta ).
Guided Study upgrades cannot be returned without withdrawing from the corresponding certificate course entirely. Guided Study course refunds are based on the percentage of course completion, detailed under the refund calculation for self-paced certificate courses.
International Sports Sciences Association reserves the right to cancel a student’s enrollment for violations of student conduct, including, but not limited to, a student’s lack of attendance.
Return of Title IV (R2T4)
Title IV funds are awarded to an Fitness Academy Europe student under the assumption that the student will attend school for the entire period for which the assistance is awarded. When a student withdraws, ceases to attend, is dismissed, or fails to return from an approved leave of absence, the institution will determine the amount of aid the student earned. This will determine any Title IV aid that must be returned to the US Department of Education or disbursed to the student as a post-withdrawal disbursement.
The calculation is based on the number of days completed by the Last Date of Attendance (LDA) or official withdrawal notice, divided by the total days the student was scheduled to attend during the quarter at the time the student ceased attendance in all courses.
Up through the 60% point in the student’s scheduled enrollment, the earned amount of Title IV funds is prorated through the withdrawal date or LDA. After the 60% point, the student will earn
100% of the Title IV funds disbursed for their scheduled enrollment. The student may be required to return unearned grant funds to the Department of Education via direct payments, or Direct Loan funds via the terms of the Master Promissory Note. A student may receive a post-withdrawal disbursement if the student earned more federal financial aid than was disbursed. The institution will return funds or offer to issue post-withdrawal disbursements of Direct Loan funds within 45 days of the date it determined the student withdrew.